Tough comes from within
If you're looking for tough - an uncompromising, resilient, clever kind of tough - then look no further. Introducing the powerful Amarok and Amarok V6.
V6 Black Edition 580
V6 Highline 580
V6 Aventura 580
Looking for rugged performance? Try its 3.0L V6 TDI engine with 190kW of power (up to 200kW on Overboost) and 580Nm of torque. Looking for striking style? Take a look at its illuminated side steps, black sports bar, 18-inch Rawson alloy wheels and ‘Edition’ door decals. The new Amarok V6 Black Edition means business.
Say ‘Yeah!’ to tackling inclines and river crossings with the Amarok V6 Highline 580. The powerful ute comes with 18” Rawson alloys, stylish chrome sports bar and side steps, and of course, a 3.0L 190kW V6 turbo diesel engine. You can also stay connected with the Discover media satellite navigation system including App-Connect3 and Bluetooth®.
Here's a new high-end Amarok that will always say 'Yeah!' to dirt roads. This robust ute is powered by a 190kW V6 turbo-diesel engine and equipped with 14-way heated electrical seats in premium Nappa leather5, Discovery Media with App-Connect3, illuminated side steps and 20" Talca silver alloys. The Amarok V6 Aventura 580 really is as tough as it looks.
The Amarok and Amarok V6 have an inside that matches their outside, with plenty of character under the hood.
The chassis is tough enough for whatever you throw at it - or under it. With two long chassis rails, connected by shorter rails, it consists of 7 cross-sections. These cross-sections offer maximum strength and rigidity optimising off-road and towing performance.
Amarok's 4x4 system utilises a Torsen differential to distribute optimal power between all four wheels. The optional Selectable 4MOTION system gives you the choice of three modes: rear-wheel drive, four-wheel drive and four-wheel drive low range. At the touch of a button, you can select the best mode for whatever the conditions may be.
The intelligent 'off-road' button sets up the vehicle for off-road driving with functions including Hill Descent Control and recalibrated ABS settings that improve performance on dirt and reduce the stopping distance on loose surfaces.
The tough 4-cylinder Amarok has all the grunt you need to conquer the building site or go off the beaten track. Available in manual and auto, the 2.0-litre Turbo Diesel engine generates 132kW of power and 400Nm (manual) and 420Nm (auto) of torque, making quick work of challenging terrains.
If you need even more grunt, the Amarok V6, with a 3.0-litre Turbo Diesel engine, delivers a thrilling 165kW of power and 180kW on Overboost. If that's still not enough, the Amarok V6 Ultimate 580 and Highline 580 Black generate an incredible 190kW of power, surging to a class-leading 200kW on Overboost. With that amount of power, very little stands in its way.
The Amarok can pack a full size 'Euro' pallet with its incredible 1222mm tray. Not only is it the widest, it has four lashing eyes conveniently located around the load space. Plus, when you work late, there’s a light above the rear window to illuminate the tray. And with a payload of up to 911kg, transporting almost anything is possible1.
The Amarok isn't just tough, it has all you would expect and more from a Volkswagen.
Navigation has never been easier thanks to the Discover Media package, with a 6.5" colour display with touchscreen, 2D and 3D (bird's eye) map views, CD player with auxiliary input and two SD card slots for navigation and media. Only available on Highline and above models.
The Composition Media system boasts a crystal clear 6.33" colour touch screen, packed with the latest multimedia functions, including App-Connect3 and Bluetooth®. For added convenience, the telephone functions can be voice-activated. Available on all models.
ESP helps you stay in control of your vehicle by preventing understeer or oversteer. If your vehicle starts to skid, the Electronic Stabilisation Programme will apply the brakes to individual wheels and adjust the engine's power output to correct the problem.
Off-road ABS reduces the stopping distance on loose surfaces at the press of a button. When this function is activated the braking interval is increased; the wheels lock up in a controlled manner so that material from the ground (such as gravel or sand) build up in front of each wheel, reducing the stopping distance.
The Multi-Collision Brake system4 applies the brakes to slow the vehicle to 10km/h when airbag sensors detect a collision so that a secondary impact will be lessened or avoided. During braking, the hazard and brake lights are illuminated and remain activated. The driver can take over at any time.
The trailer stabilisation4 complements the electronic stabilisation program. If your trailer starts to fluctuate heavily, the system slows it down through controlled braking and reduced engine torque – steadying the trailer and increasing driving safety. Genuine Amarok wiring harness must be fitted.
A little more won't hurt. Add even more function to your new vehicle with a selection of accessories.
Optional accessories at extra cost. Overseas models are shown for illustrative purposes only6.
For added protection, the Amarok can be fitted with the Volkswagen Universal Traffic Recorder, a front and rear camera that allows you to record any incidents onto a removable SD card. You have total control over all camera settings via the UTR Volkswagen App7, which also includes a car finder feature. And the best thing is, the device requires no battery or recharging.
Specifically designed for the Amarok focusing on style and functionality. Central locking is standard, with push button opening on the rear and side (lift) windows. Integrated roof accessory track system with interior of the canopy featuring premium lining. Optional canopy roof bars available separately.
Set your Amarok apart with the 20" Nazare Alloy wheel.
Safeguard your cargo from prying eyes with the convenience and style of the rolling cover8.
1. Payload is defined as the Gross Vehicle Mass (GVM) minus the Kerb Mass. Payload is the maximum combined weight of occupants, cargo, added structures and tow ball down weight (when towing). GVM must not be exceeded.
2. on Overboost
3. Wireless App-Connect featuring wireless Apple CarPlay® & wireless Android Auto™ is compatible for selected apps with the latest smartphone versions of iOS and Android, active data service required, optional connection cable (sold separately).
4. Safety technologies are designed to assist the driver, but should not be used as a substitute for safe driving practices.
5. Leather appointed seats have a combination of genuine and artificial leather, but are not wholly leather.
6. Overseas models may be shown for illustrative purposes only. Please note that the above accessories may have an effect on fuel efficiency. Optional item, at extra cost. For a full range of Volkswagen Genuine Accessories, please visit an authorised Volkswagen Dealer.
7. The Volkswagen Universal Traffic Recorder App (UTR App) is only for use in combination with the Universal Traffic Recorder (UTR/Dashcam) of Volkswagen Genuine Accessories. Its capabilities include live viewing, data management, a car finder function and being able to adjust the recorder’s settings. All functions of the Volkswagen UTR app require an active data service between the Universal Traffic Recorder and your smartphone. Configurations vary by model (Front only or Front/Rear camera). Consult your local Volkswagen Dealer for further information.
8. For Amaroks fitted with factory styling bars the Amarok Premium Roll Cover can only be purchased in conjunction with a Sports bar adaptor kit. Items such as sports equipment and tablets are shown for illustration purposes only and are not available for purchase from Volkswagen Group Australia or its Dealers.
Download the brochure and specifications for all the facts and figures.